Get spikes, offline and online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee1020

Either at my desktop, playing a game online or offline, I'm getting spikes every 2 seconds.. This just started happening last night and it is incredibly annoying. I don't know what to do, tried almost everything.. Tried updating chipset, but it said computer did not meet minumum requirements (this confused me, I have 1.5g of RAM, 16gigs of space left, Pentium 4, and an Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT video card). These spikes are driving me insane! Gaming is impossible, especially online.. I have no spyware/adware or viruses (scanned for all last night).. Any help would be GREATLY appriciated!

Do you have anything like RAM Idle or any other kind of RAM optimization software installed? There was a post a little farther down that someone was having a similar issue, and this was the cause.

If not, sorry! Wish I could be of more service :wave:

Oh no no! Oops, what I really meant was that if you had these installed, they could be the causes of your problem. I wouldn't advise installing them if you're having this hang issue without them heh. Sorry :D

Haha, no problem.. Installed and it didn't do much, uninstalled now.. Still having the violent spikes though, offline and online =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back