Get the Preview off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy05

Using Win2k SP3 / Windows Media Player 9

When I browse my mp3 files using Win Explorer Windows Media Player always open a player for preview at the Web View column. It's irritating! and it slows my PC down when I'm browsing my mp3 library.

I wanna keep the Web View but I don't want the mp3 to preview. Any ways to turn it off? I tried to search for the settings but can't find any relavant ones.

I haven't tried this but ...

1. Select [Tools > Options > File Types] in Windows Media Player.

2. Deselect the mp3 file type association.

Hopefully this will work! :)

nah it didn't work. i nv use WMP for my mp3's anyway. i used winamp for all audio formats:blackeye:

Ok, then try this ...

1) Select the folder where you keep your mp3s, right-click and select properties.

2) Select the 'customise' tab and then change the folder template to a different type.

Again, I haven't tried this. :)

You might also want to consider using another file browser (e.g. Total Commander) as windows explorer sucks!

again it didn't work...

i wanted to be conservative about disk usage so i'm trying to install as little programs as possible.

wanted to install linux but linux doesn't natively support warcraft3 and irc... requires an environment simulator program... geez i wonder how the guys using non-windows os survive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back