GetRight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormBringer

I recently updated my version of GetRight to 4.5d because I was having a few crashes from it. I checked for a new version and decided to upgrade. The problems I was having are gone but now I have new ones. When a file finishes downloading, I have to close GetRight before I can install it or run it, else I get an error and the file will not respond. I have also noticed that if I leave it downloading scheduled downloads overnight, when I return, GetRight has crashed after finishing three downloads.

If anyone knows a cure for this, short of getting rid of GetRight, that would be great, but mostly I just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar problems from 4.5d.

BTW, I have already tried completely removing GetRight from the system(uninstalled and removed all registry entries) then reinstalling, it still does the same. The problems aren't erratic, they happen exactly the same every time.

I hope you haven't switched GetRight to "Basic" interface, those
"wizard" thingies should be called "mad scientists" instead.

As for the first problem, does your GetRight add ".GetRight" to filenames? Try toggling that.

For the seconf problem, does the number of simultaneous downloads happens to be 3 also? If so, then the problem is about GetRight starting new downloads. Try without proxies, PASV modes, automatic dialup, etc...

Not using basic interface, It doesn't add .Getright to the extension, I've never let it do that, number of simultaneous downloads is two but I have tried changing it. I've tried both with and without proxies and all the other, all but automatic downloading, that would defeat the purpose of scheduled downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back