Getting a dreaded "Blue Screen 'O Death"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the other day before I left for work, I put my laptop into hibernate mode like I usually do. When I got home from work, I turned it on, and...tah-dah! A wonderful blue screen that read "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage...etc." the message also said "check your harddrive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK/f to check for hard drive corruption and then restart." It also had these wonderful stops..."STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86517008, 0x00000102, 0x00000000)...So great, I just need to run chkdsk and everything will be fine and dandy...maybe...but I can't find a way to get to command prompt or DOS to run it...in boot options, safe mode does not work, restore to last working settings doesn't work...nothing works. All options result in the blue screen...gaaahhh...So, I figured I'd get all smart and run PuppyLinux off of a CD...great, that works fine, but I can't run DOS through that either...duh Microsoft...and I can't install any other disk check programs either because they are .exe files...hey what do you know, those require DOS too...God I hate Microsoft...I even tried to run them with Wine...to no avail...so, now I am here and running out of options...I'm a noob to the forum, but I've got a pretty good grasp on computers and I'm just looking for a little help or a push in the right direction. Many many thanks in advance.
Jon Keck

Also, my computer did not come with an XP CD as it is a newer laptop (about 1yr old)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back