Getting E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function message on an external burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting "E:\ is not Accessible. Incorrect Function" message when i try to burn a CD or DVD on an external DVD\RW that works on other PC's. Last week I tried a drag and drop in windows explorer that failed. since then my internal and external drives won't burn. they don't even show up in my Roxio as burn devices. I did not have any problems prior to the drag and drop failure. I have since uninstalled all of the burning softwares that were on my pc. I know it is not a hardware problem as I am able to burn to the external on other pc's. any ideas??? please help.

This may work

I had the same problem and recently cured it by going to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it. Go to Properties; Click on Recording; Check "Enable CD recording on this drive". If it wasn't clicked before this will probably do it.

yes it worked.. thanks a bunch

wcely said:
I had the same problem and recently cured it by going to the Drive letter in Windows Explorer and right clicking on it. Go to Properties; Click on Recording; Check "Enable CD recording on this drive". If it wasn't clicked before this will probably do it.

yes it worked.. thanks a bunch

E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function.

Got my answer from prior folks with same/similar problem. My recording finished and ejected as I was logging in. Newbie in training, thanks everyone.

I am having this same problem but when I go to properties on the drive I do not have the record option. I can read and play from the CD or DVD but cannot write to it. I had Nero on but uninstalled to make sure that was not the problem. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thank you

I only joined this forum because you saved me too. My E drive is working now thanks to you

xoxo
Cyne

can you explain this a little more please?
i can't find the propertis you are talking about... :S

can you explain this a little more please?
i can't find the propertis you are talking about... :S

Drive letter in Windows Explorer right click Properities Recording, Enable CD recording on this drive
can not find my Drive letter in Windows Explorer...i have unistall & reinstalled the driver for the cd rom/dvd...rebooted..tested...clean booted...then put back to normal settings...nothing works...
i would like to try Enabling the CD recording on this drive...but i can't find it...HELP...i need simple step by step instructions b/c i am pretty much computer illierate but i can follow instructions as long as they are simple & specific...
thank you...
karina

Hi all,
If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated...i am an artist & need to be able 2 copy 2 disk 2 send out copies of my work...
Thank u...
Peace & love,
Karina

thank you...it worked going into windows explorer to change the setting to enable recording...however, i had to go to another website to find window explorer...that i had to right click on start...then go to explorer to find explorer...;) what can u do? i didnt grow up witrh this computer stuff:)

Me either, they didn't even have home computers when I was young!

But replying to an old 2005 thread may not get many replies to help you.
Best to create a New Thread I feel ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back