Getting error message opening sims 2 directx 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
I am new to this website and am needing some help. I have the Sims 2 and alot of expansion packs of the Sims 2 installed on my PC. I have up until a couple of days ago been playing it fine.
Now when I try to go into it I get this error message: Failed to find any Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adaptors in the system. Please make sure you have a Directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.
I have a Radeon 9250 graphics card with 1024MB RAM (569MB used - 1896MB available); Directx version: 9.0c; Operating system Windows XP Home Edition; Display mode: 1024 x 768 (32bit) Plug and Play monitor Chip: ATI display adaptor AGP (0x5960) DAC type internal DAC 400MHz; Drivers: Main driver: ati2dvag.dll

I've downloaded the latest directx 9.0c again (via Microsoft downloads) just in case it was corrupted and still no good. Can't play game. Can anyone help?

Can any one help - give me some advice as to what to do now???
Thanks
Scully

HI thanks for help

I've just discovered that when I went into dxdiag before nothing was grayed out on the display tab under directx features (directx diagnostic tool) now they are all of a sudden??? Do you know why? It says: Not available now?
These are the specs of my computer:
HP Pavillion t240a
Intel Penium 4 processor with hyper threading technology 2.6GHz
1GB of DDR SDRAM memory
160GB Ultra DMA hard drive
CD-RW/DVD Combo drive: 48x24x16x48 max speed
RADEON 9250 grahics card - ATI technologies 256MB DDR memory 128bit
Chip type ATI display adapter AGP (0x5960)
Monitor: Plug and Play monitor
Current Display mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) 60 Hz
Main driver: ati2dvag.dll
Operating system: Windows XP Home Edition

I have installed the latest directx 9.0c and when I tried to update my catalyst driver on ATI's website I got a severe error message when it was trying to install it: SEVERE: Couldn't find a driver for the hardware or something to that effect. Had to terminate installation.

Sorry for all the posts in wrong areas am new to this site.

Scully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back