Getting Mad Choke In CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, here is the deal. im getting alot of choke in css. Right when i join a server is the worst. It goes to about 40 choke for about 20 seconds. and then it dies down a little bit. I still get choke throughout the game, but usually its 1-11. plz help me. this is what is in my comp

bfg 7600 gt oc
amd dual core x2 3800+
2 gb of ram
420 psu
foxconn nvidia nTune mobo sli

PLZ HELP. K THANX

What are your console rates?

press ~ ( if you don't have that activated, go to the menu > Options > keyboard > advance and put the check on "(~) Developer Console" ) then type the following:

CL_cmdrate
Cl_updaterate
Rate

and tell me what each of them have, also Rightclick steam and press settings then Internet tab

Put the drop down menu to "Modem - 56k" even if you don't have that type of connection, it will set your .cfg files to a lower rate automatically, it could help :)

Also what could help is setting all your video options to the lowest, it could be just lag from all the information that the game has to load when you join a server, If you know how to change the autoexec.cfg files for CS:S I can give you a list of stuff you can add to give you best performance! :D

Time, wouldn't it be better for him to just search caseys config? Or do you have something better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back