Getting minidumps after XP SP2 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I've trolled the boards and it looks like there are a lot of capable folks out there. Hopefully, someone can help me with my problem.

I recently attempted to upgrade to XP SP2 on my workstation. It's a Dell Latitude D610 laptop with a Pentium M 1.6 512 MB of RAM.

I've gone through everything on the sticky post listed at the top of the forum. Nothing has come up. My EventViewer shows the following:

Source: System Error
Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error Code 000000fc, parameter1 a9ca89cc, parameter2 00d13163, parameter3 a9ca8638, parameter4 00000001.

It looks like the bluescreens occur whenever my wifi NIC becomes active. I've replaced the driver for it, along with the drivers for my Ethernet card, Chipset, and audio drivers, all to no avail.

The following are my latest minidumps. Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks,
Ed.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at BlackDrv.sys. This is part of your Blackice firewall programme.

Try updating to the latest version of Blackice. If that doesn`t help, uninstall Blackice and try using another firewall programme.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Sorry mate, but I have no idea what you`re on about.

I can only tell you what I see in your minidumps. As far as I`m concerned the probably culprit is your Blackice firewall programme.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back