Getting stupid with my westel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting stupid with my westell

OK, question, and ill lay it out nice and simple.

Cable internet Bridge<--WAN--->My PC, Nic card A | OUT Nic Card B ICS-----> ---> hard wired to a Wireless Router ----Cont.->

-->Computer A, hard wired (Mac apple talk protocal, not vital)
--Cont.---> |
-->Computer B, Wireless access card (top priority)

Is it possible? And if it is which it should be but will it work with a Westell 327W which uses an RJ11 Plug for internet DSL.
i have option to set the WAN access to eathernet port 1-4. When i do i lose connectivity to the router through all ports.

The only reason why i want my computer first in the loop is so that i have control over bandwidth they receive. I dont like routers personaly and some of the apps i use wont connect if the two parties both have routers. Yes even if port triggering and forwarding and DMZ or stratic NAT are all setup.. So I simply want my computer first in the loop, and I dont want to go through a router to get to the internet.
But I do want to use the wireless connection the router provides to transmit internet access to COMPUTER A and B. Wireless is working but I cannot get to internet, only to router. The router speaks to all computers but wont allow internet access to A and B. CLEAR AS MUD?

Ok My computer is DHCP enabled, it obtains the IP address form the Cable bridge (192.168.0.1) DHCP server provides it with wan IP addres. The NIC card B in my computer is , is IP address 192.168.1.100. It is directed to the router which is 192.168.1.1. The router then has two hosts,
A: The Mac is not important at this point.
B: The computer with wireless access is 192.168.1.101. Its Gateway is set to 192.168.1.1

Anyway, internet connection sharing is enabled on NIC card A (WAN) in my computer.

So any advice?

BTW, Hi everybody, im a new member, my name is al, but you can call me al. :rolleyes:

i

ip address's

Any alternates are welcome. I hate routers once again, nothing but headaches and im in school for my ccna, go figure..

I just want to give the two hosts internet access without my computer having to use the router to the wan. Just the 2 hosts use router to my computer. 1 wireless and other hard wired, so they can access wan also.

westell 327w

Cable internet Bridge<--WAN--->My PC, Nic card A | OUT Nic Card B ICS-----> ---> hard wired to a Wireless Router ----Cont.->

-->Computer A, hard wired (Mac apple talk protocal, not vital)
--Cont.---> |
-->Computer B, Wireless access card (top priority)

Is it possible? And if it is which it should be but will it work with a Westell 327W which uses an RJ11 Plug for internet DSL.
i have option to set the WAN access to eathernet port 1-4. When i do i lose connectivity to the router through all ports.

The only reason why i want my computer first in the loop is so that i have control over bandwidth they receive. I dont like routers personaly and some of the apps i use wont connect if the two parties both have routers. Yes even if port triggering and forwarding and DMZ or stratic NAT are all setup.. So I simply want my computer first in the loop, and I dont want to go through a router to get to the internet.
But I do want to use the wireless connection the router provides to transmit internet access to COMPUTER A and B. Wireless is working but I cannot get to internet, only to router. The router speaks to all computers but wont allow internet access to A and B. CLEAR AS MUD?

Ok My computer is DHCP enabled, it obtains the IP address form the Cable bridge (192.168.0.1) DHCP server provides it with wan IP addres. The NIC card B in my computer is , is IP address 192.168.1.100. It is directed to the router which is 192.168.1.1. The router then has two hosts,
A: The Mac is not important at this point.
B: The computer with wireless access is 192.168.1.101. Its Gateway is set to 192.168.1.1

Anyway, internet connection sharing is enabled on NIC card A (WAN) in my computer.

So any advice?

BTW, Hi everybody, im a new member, my name is al, but you can call me al. :rolleyes:

i[/QUOTE]

hum; you would find this much easiser to connect ALL systems to the first router.
In addition, all down stream systems from OUT Nic Card B ICS will be dependent
upon your first system being online AND not too active.

That said, OUT Nic Card B ICS will have 192.168.0.1 forced upon you by ICS.
When you enable ICS, the network adapter connected to the local area network
is assigned a static IP address of 192.168.0.1. The client computers are assigned
other IP addresses in the 192.168.0.x range. These addresses may not be compatible
with an existing network.

You report Cable bridge (192.168.0.1) and NIC card B is IP address 192.168.1.100.
These do not appear to be correct:
the DHCP acquired address would normally be a public address and not the ..0.1
but certainly, as documented by Microsoft, the card B will be coerced to ..0.1

If at all possible, move your card-A address to something like 192.168.1.1
and disable/reenable ICS thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back