GF4 Ti & Power Supply question

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

Does anyone here know if the talk I've been hearing about GF4 Ti's needing a minimum of 300 watt's with the power supply is fact or if it is some peoples idea of problems with compatability on certain systems? I went to the Dell and Gateway websites and they offer the 4600 in their systems that are powered by 250 watt supplys. I was hoping to find some facts on this. Also no reviews ever mentioned it.

Well you learn something new every day. I didn't know exactly how much power a graphics card uses, but I guess I have a better understanding now. Thanks Uncleel! :)

Guess I'll have to think about the Enermax 431W or whatever it is as a prime choice for my next PSU.

The reason I mentioned the Dell Gateway thing is because I have a Dell 8100 and it seemed relevant. I have what I can afford and try to keep pace with new tech. but am finding out I'm hamstrung by a system that isn't quite what I thought it was. But I still like my games and will still try to upgrade as I can afford too.

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
think about the Enermax 431W or whatever

A PSU is as important, if not more so, than any other component in your system. Many n00bZ were blaming Athlon instability for post problems, system crashes, random crashes/lockups, when in fact they failed to heed (or read) AMD's power supply requirements.

3DS Price Grabber
www.newegg.com
ENERMAX EG465P-VE(FM). 431W Power supply $81.00
Compliant with AMD, Pentium 4 supported
FedEx Saver Shipping $6.00

Nice PSU unk..I have it and it was well worth the 89 bucks I paid for it. Very reliable and quiet. I know I'll have it for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back