Ghost 8.0, Cannot Connect To Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm pretty familiar with Ghost and imaging locally; I don't have any problems. However, once I try to image a pc in another building, the client machine will boot into virtual partition (looks like it recognizes network drivers and picks up IP), and even goes into the familiar ghost.exe blue screen. However, after it says "Initiating packet drivers" across the bottom left of this screen, the ghost screen flickers off back into dos in about 10 seconds. A message appears stating something to the effect of, "Client could not connect to server, Check that the server machine is ready to accept clients".

I've looked through the knowledge base, and nothing there helps. I've tried everything I can think of from unblocking ports within the server's installed antivirus software, to not having any antivirus software or firewall at all. I usually just 'unicast', and have tried 'multi' and 'direct' broadcast, though I'm not sure what direct really does differently. The same message happens if I try to image (or create an image) anywhere beyond the room where the server is located, even within the same building. I can image several computers at once within the same room of the server.

I'm not much of a network person, but could the network be the issue? Unfortunately, we have very poor support from the network managers even though they and I are part of the same division.

Thoughts? And please, do not try to sell TrueImage or anything, it's not going to happen at my work.

Thanks, :knock:

It looks like a problem with your IP setup. The IP addresses, netmasks and gateways have to be set up so that the traffic would actually get through any routers and switches you may have between the buildings.

It would help if you told us how you have configured networking for Ghost and how the network is set up between the locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back