Ghost problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got real stupid a accidentally ghosted the wrong direction. Result is that the partition table on the data drive was overwritten and zeroed out along with the FAT. I am using Ghost 2002 on WD 100g drives. Does anyone know of anyway to recover the partition tables and FATs, or better yet, reverse the process.

Everything that was physically overwritten is unrecoverable (unless you are willing to pay a lot of money to some lab for maybe getting something back). Anything that wasn't overwritten can be recovered.

The system has not been accessed since the completion of the ghost process. There could not have been more than the Partition table and FATs since start to completion was almost instantaneous and the drive being ghosted only had 7.9G available out of 100G.

OK. There are programs that can restore partition tables by scanning the disk for partitions. There is no way to restore the FATs that got overwritten. You can recover single files from the HD though if there is something you really need.

If the target drive had several partitions then you probably lost the FAT only on the first one and after partition table recovery you should be able to access the other paritions.

try scavenger
I had my fat tables overwritten and this was the only software out there that found my stuff
the demo works great up to 64mb
I am not working for this company ,just a happy customer.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back