Gigabeat convert SAT to mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I have a toshiba gigabeat F20, i dropped it and i can't get songs off of it. I have about 600 songs on my computer that i had on the gigabeat, but they are SAT files. the new mp3 (ZEN creative) that i bought will not take the SAT files. I know if you upload songs from the gigabeat using windows media player they will be in mp3 format. I can't use my gigabeat anymore to upload using WMP. does anyone have a gigabeat that i could send you my songs in SAT format and you could download them on your gigabeat and then upload them using windows media player so they will be mp3 and send back to me so that i can put them on my ZEN player. I will be very thankful for any help!

I would greatly appreciate any help!!!!!
Patrick Grogan

.sat file are a copyrighted encryption. I assume those files are .mp3.sat?? Also I assume you didnt check gigabeats website for this problem. Check this website, there is alot of info about sat files. Also remember Google is your friend! ;)

btw....welcome to Techspot!!

you have to use a gigabeat and windows media player to get them in mp3 without the .SAT attached. My gigabeat is broken and no other mp3player will read the .mp3.SAT files. that is why i was trying to find someone with a gigabeat that would help me. I don't know of any other way to convert them with out using a gigabeat and choosing windows media player to upload.

Okay, guess I am a little lost. I thought you said you still have the songs on your PC as well.

the songs are on my PC, but my gigabeat is broken. I bought a ZEN mp3 player, but i can't download them onto my ZEN because they are in .mp3.SAT format. to get the SAT off they have to be uploaded with windows media player, the gigabeat room automaticly puts them in .mp3.SAT format.

Okay i am sorry, I dont know what to tell you. I thought if your still had them on your PC in .sat. You could use the suggestions on mygigabeat.com to remove that encryption and DL them onto your Zen. I have had similiar issues with iPod and a Zune before. Maybe someone else here can help you. I went to gigabeat and looked around and it seemed they had several suggestions to fix the exact problem you are having. Did you go to that site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back