Gigabyte GA-8INXP/ no drives detected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
first off, thanksl for reading!!
i have an error message "<windows root> \system32\hal.dll." I can’t re-install win xp because no drives are detected. The bios shows dvd and cd drives and they do work, but the hard drives don’t show.

It started when i was trying to fix another problem with a sp2 update. Then i foolishly thought a wire was disconnected and tried connecting it somewhere on the motherboard and i heard a little buzz and a little red led light up, which now remains. it says "ram led" next to it. Ever since, the hard drives won't detect. I disconnected and reconnected the IDE or SATA cables as well as the bios battery.

I don’t know much about Linux but I have Kubuntu and I can run it from the cd. When I go to Media Storage it shows a hard drive icon named “1.0T Media.” Is the “T” for terabyte? I have a terabyte of storage but I can’t mount the drive.
Also the drives seem to show up in the BIOS ARRAY CONFIGURATION UTILITY as follows:

Primary Master: WDC WD2500JB-34EVA0 RAID_0_0 ATA/100 232.88 BOOT
Primary Save: “ditto” Hidden
Secondary Master: “ditto” Hidden
Secondary Slave: “ditto” Hidden

Is this just a settting from before?

your help is very appreciated!

i have four Western Digital 250GB HD's, A GA -8INXP titan 667, 1200a RAID controller, gigabyte DPS, PNY nVida Quardo 4, and 2gb's of ram.
thanks a bunch!!!
best,
danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back