Gigabyte motherboard model GA-7VM400M F4 I need a new Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gigabyte motherboard model GA-7VM400M F4 I need a new Bios. Techspot has it on there website but I can't download it. im unable to find anywhere else can anyone help please?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You should be able to find a bios update HERE.

Unless you have a specific reason for updating your bios, I don`t recommend it.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Well i'm having issues with running a new CD burner and dvd combo. Plus this game is saying my chip set is out of date. So i'm trying to get that updated

Yes, go to the link I gave you and download and install the latest drivers for your mobo(if there are any updated drivers).

Regards Howard :)

Still can't find the bios driver on their site. Its not available anymore I think. BUT techspot says they have it in their downloads but when I try to download I get a web page not found thing. its saying I need GA-7VM400M FB and what I have is GA-7VM400M F4

No, you have the GA-7VM400MF, the 4 refers to the current bios version you currently have.

See HERE.

Edit: there are two versions of your mobo GA-7VM400MF and GA-7VM400MF-P See HERE. Make sure you know which one you have.

Yes mate.

Like I said just make sure you choose the right model of your mobo(see my edit above), then follow the instructions exactly. The link above is for your bios.

You can also get all the latest drivers from the same site.

Open your case and look at the mobo itself. The model number should be printed on the board, probably near or inbetween the pci slots.

Another way is to download either the free Everest or SIW programmes from HERE and HERE. These programmes will give you lots of info about your system, including your mobo model.

That doesn`t tell us very much does it? Is that what`s printed on the mobo?

If so try the programmes I linked to.

I used the programs you sent me i'm sorry for being so dumb when it comes to this. thats what it said GA-7vm400m with the software and on the mobo

All I can suggest is you compare the specifications of each of these two mobo`s HERE and see which one corresponds to yours.

It may be they both use the same bios. But that`s just a guess.

If you read the release notes for the updated bios files it tells you what has been fixed in the new bios.

Like I said, I don`t recommend you to update the bios unless it`s absolutely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back