gladiator sword of vengeance problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have this game for pc! the problem is that after the intro it appears a black screen! i can still hear the music but the menu does not appear!i have a geforce 4 mx 440! i've also tried to use 3d analyze but the same occurs!
can anybody help me?!?!?!?
thanks in advance

got the same problem on my hardware. Geforce4 420go in Toshiba laptop. currenly looking for anythin on the net. if I get anything, I'll let ya know. Please do the same. Cya!

Me too

I too am having the same problems. But where did you get yours? Did you download it? And if so off what site? Or did you buy it legit? Cause we may be able to pinpoint the problem

I purchased this game legit and have not been able to run it, the problem being music playing and a black screen, and computer fails to respond. I think the common problem we have is geforce 4 mx video card. Has anyone found a work around as Acclaim don't seem to have any forums for this game.

GLADIATOR MX400 series graphics card

Ok all, im sorry to say you have been ripped off both by nvidia and acclaim

A Geforce4 Mx graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game.

Gladiator requires a fully compliant Directx 8.1 video card (such as nVidia GeForce 3)

The following video cards are supported (more will be added)
nVidia GeForce 3 Ti (range of cards)
nVidia GeForce 4 Ti (range of cards)
nVidia GeForce FX (range of cards)
ATI Radeon 8500 cards and above.

Directx 9 is installed with the game, but the actual game utilises the full potential of Directx 8.1 hardware.

To run the game successfully, your video card MUST support the following features:-

PIXEL SHADER v1.1
VERTEX SHADER v1.1

As an example, a GeForce 2 MX400 will not run the game. Even though it has Directx 8.1 drivers and that you may have the Directx 9 application installed on your PC, it does not have Pixel Shader v1.1 and Vertex Shader v1.1 features built onto the card (the physical hardware that the game utilises to run). There is no way to emulate Pixel Shaders using software/drivers.

Same goes for most GeForce 4 MX type cards. These are basically glorified GeForce 2 cards at a budget price. Therefore, no Pixel Shader v1.1 and Vertex Shader v1.1 features are built into the card and hence, the game will not run and you will experience the above error. Pixel Shaders are used to improve the visual experience - they make a huge difference to the quality of the graphics and the Gladiator engine utilises this to it's full potential within the limits of Directx 8.1.

THIS WAS FROM ACCLAIM HELPDESK, SO WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY ACCLAIM FOR SELLING US A GAME THAT WE CANNOT RUN AND THEY BEIG ERY VAUGE ABOUT SPEC, AND ALSO BY NVIDIA ABOUT A CRAPPY GRAPHICS CARD.

Thanks for the info etch, guess its time for a video card upgrade, anyone have info on the best to get at a reasonable price, to play games of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back