Glitches on Boot screen and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi whenever I turn on the computer and the bootscreen appears, funny lines and flashes appear. When Windows loads up, lines appear across the screen. If I open a game those glitches still don't go away. I tried to find the latest update for a RADEON 9800 PRO driver for Windows XP but can't find one.. here are some pictures -

helpgraphicsdriver.jpg

graphicsdriverdetails.jpg

I tried reinstalling my driver from a CD but after reinstallation when Windows loads up, the computer freezes and I can only access on Safe Mode so I did a system restore and now I'm still stuck like this..

So my final question is..

How the hell do I fix this?
If I need to update my driver where can I find the right update? (I've been searching ages and I'm not sure which one I need..)

Well you might need to try download driver from ATI.com Website and click on ATI Products then make sure you download right software and driver for it. Or also double check see sometimes videocards can go bad over time there are newer ones. I know it is fine before maybe they stop makeing drivers for that series. Just check see if they do have that driver for it. If not you might have to upgrade or just check also see it is your moniter?

Yea you might want to upgrade your videocard. Your videocard is a discontinued product on the ATI Product page. So if you have the money to do that only way I can think of. I know videocards can cost allot now.

It's no use I installed it and restarted the computer but instead of stripes, I got little flashes all over the place in Windows so I did a system restore and now I'm still stuck like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back