Glitchy graphics with ATI x600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if i'm being a bit of a noob, i've looked around but cant find the answer to my problem...
I've got an HP pavilion zd8000 laptop with an Intel pentium 4 processor, 1 Gb memory (~600Mb available at startup) and an ATI Mobility Radeon X600 graphics chip (256Mb), and any games that I run have glitches/lines flashing from points on the screen to the edge, which increase in frequency and number the longer i run a game. This happens even on fairly small/old games like narbacular drop, which i thought i should be able to run smoothly... Is this just that my 'top cant handle gaming, or is there some way of making things run better (ie without the flashing lines)?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I want to get a couple of new games but there's no point until i fix this....

thanks in advance....

Well this could be that your card is overheating? Or the resolution and refresh rate? Try enabling Vsync in games which could take those lines off. And since youre a noob your next ? would be whats Vsync. Vsync is Vertical Sync. It basically sets a game to display FPS as fast as the monitor refreshes. If your monitor has a refresh rate of 60Hz youre games will display 60hz or lower. Also try other resolutions? Maybe thatll fix your problem.

I tried changing vsync on and off but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The weird thing is that when i start playing its fine, but gets cumulatively worse the longer i play for until i have to shut the game down and restart it... weird. Thanks for trying anyway, have to keep playing with the settings i spose....

Could also be that the card is overheating. Not enough airflow in the laptop. Try downloading Motherboard Monitor. It will tell you temperatures of Motherboard and CPU and case temp.

Yep, my guess is heat as well. Both cpu and vid card. Do you have the lappie supported so it has airflow underneath?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back