Goes On, can't turn it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my setup:

ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD

ASUS EN7600GS SILENT/HTD/512M Geforce 7600GS 512MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Unbuffered Dual Channel

OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W

I put it all together in the case and turned it on but there was no signal to the monitor. I hold the power button in for 10 seconds, it doesn't shut off. I turn off the power supply to turn the comp off. I turn the psu back on, hit the power button on the case...nothing happens. RMA the mobo, get new one. Put mobo and cpu together outside case, plug in psu, powers up, cpu fan starts, beeps like it's going. Shut system off no problem. Install in case, put ram and graphics card in, power up, no signal to monitor, can't power down by holding in switch, turn off psu. Attempt to turn back on, nothing.

Any ideas of what could be going on?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This may sound like a stupid question, but you did use the standoffs between the mobo and the case didn`t you?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

As soon as i posted i realized that i forgot to put that in there and that someone would comment on it.

Yes, i did use the spacers to keep the mobo off of the case proper.

Try using just one stick of ram. Also, check for ram compatibility.

Apparently that mobo is very picky when it comes to ram.

Maybe the graphics card is faulty?

Regards Howard :)

Also...

Then, when i take the mobo out of the case and only put in the cpu and psu, green power light goes on but cpu fan no longer spins, even after cmos reset.

I appreciate your many quick replies :)

But it did the same thing to two mobo's, is there anything else you can think of?

My guess is either faulty ram or graphics card, but i've never heard of ram wrecking a mobo.

Like I said, that mobo is known to have issues with certain brands of ram.

If you do a Google search for M2N-SLI Deluxe, you`ll see what I mean.

I don`t really have any further suggestions for you.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back