Good computer for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks amazing :)

But why choose an IDE HDD? SATA's are slightly more expensive (1-2 bucks more), but use a much smaller cable, and could be slightly faster.

Anyways, that's a great gaming PC =)

Thanks! I never thought of going for a SATA HD. I'll get one of those instead. Thanks for replying so fast!

EDIT: I chose this one instead.

Does anybody know if I'll need any extra cooling? The case I'm getting comes with 2 80mm fans, and the Intel processor comes with a heatsink and fan. Also, will there be enough room on that mobo to actually fit the 8800 GT? One last thing: Is that mobo the right size for the case? Thanks!

Judging by the picture on the Newegg site, the rear of the Apevia case looks like it can accommodate a 120mm fan as an option. If necessary, you can just replace the 80mm fan at the rear with a 120mm one.

Where's the PSU? If it's coming with the case, then suffice to say that it will be a rubbish one. I'd suggest saving money by getting the 2GB DDR2 800MHz G.SKILL kit on Newegg for $49 and getting the Corsair 450VX. Lastly, most of the items are out of stock, so keep that in mind when you order them.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Where's the PSU? If it's coming with the case, then suffice to say that it will be a rubbish one. I'd suggest saving money by getting the 2GB DDR2 800MHz G.SKILL kit on Newegg for $49 and getting the Corsair 450VX. Lastly, most of the items are out of stock, so keep that in mind when you order them.

In my first post I said I already had a PSU I can use.

Well i noticed that you have a PCI 2.0 Card and your mobo specs dont say that it has it built it, im in the same process as you but this very instance is delaying me kind of. Be sure the MOBO you buy supports this new PCI 2.0

So far so good. Have you pick out your mobo and os yet? I would have research a little more on the case; only thing looks good on it is the front door; At least look for one with 120mm fans already installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back