Goodbye pop-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
I'm proud to announce, as of today TechSpot is a 100% pop-up free website, thanks to your support and the partial recovery of the online ad market we are no longer in need of serving pop based banners. I know these were annoying to some of you and for that same reason we have been reducing its delivery over the last few months now finally getting rid of them completely.

In the other hand, we have adopted some of the newer ad formats that are becoming a standard in the web at a very accelerated pace, thankfully the ad agencies we work with have been keeping us provided with targeted enough campaigns that should serve the user while at the same time helping the site to grow, as always, thanks for your continued support.

Awesome, while they were never a real issue with me it is refreshing to go to a site where you don't have to deal with them.

In the last months I reduced pop inventory A LOT so that it wasn't too annoying hence most of you never even saw one... now they are gone gone.

Thanks Julio, I hope getting rid of them hasn't caused any problems financially or in any other ways for TechSpot. I would gladly take a few pop-ups if it meant keeping the site alive :), nevertheless, it is nice to know they are gone. Good work :grinthumb !

One thing you could consider too is a PayPal link at the top, so maybe if some of us long time members felt so inclined we could contribute a couple bucks. I don't think any one of us would pay too much money, but hey every little bit helps.

Thanks a ton Julio. I dont use any software to get ride of them, and here it would drive me insane as much as I love the site. Each time I opened a new window that was on TS, 2 pop-ups would hit me.

Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back