Google redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

kep890

Hello,
I am having a problem with Google redirecting me to different websites. I have tried sweeping my system a few different times and the problems still exists. Is there a major problem? Do I need to reformat?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of kep890 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

HJT list

Hello,
See attached .txt file from the Hijack This scan.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    22.4 KB · Views: 5
Your system has been hijacked.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Download and run the Blacklight programme. Follow all the instructions carefully.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O9 - Extra button: The Weather Channel - {2E5E800E-6AC0-411E-940A-369530A35E43} - (no file)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: The Weather Channel - {2E5E800E-6AC0-411E-940A-369530A35E43} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {25365FF3-2746-4230-9DA7-163CCA318309} (Automatic Driver Installation Control) - http://inst.c-wss.com/n024p/EN/install/gtdownlr.cab

O16 - DPF: {63DF43C2-469A-41F3-B119-17B1ACE8BB34} (Sony SNC-RZ30 Image Viewer) - http://webcam2.ci.schaumburg.il.us/home/SonySncRz30View.cab

O16 - DPF: {B020B534-4AA2-4B99-BD6D-5F6EE286DF5C} - http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/www.symantecstore.com/v2.0-img/operations /symbizpr/xcontrol/SymDlBrg.cab

Fix all 017 entries.

Fix all 018 Protocol: entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know the results of the Blacklight scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of kep890 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I still have not been able to finish the steps you provided. I was trying to make some back ups on CD and I accidentally knocked my laptop on the floor. The disk drive was partially ejected and it broke off. I have to have it repaired tomorrow.
I'll let you know what happens.

It's completely intact it just snapped off the rails and pulled apart from the ribbon cable connection. I hope a local computer store can fix it tomorrow. But I am sure it will not be cheap......

New HJT log

Hello Howard,
I have finally got my important items backed up. I don't know what was wrong with the DVDs but CDs seemed to work just fine.
I ran the programs like you suggested. The Blacklight program found one problem. It was called kdult. I renamed it, as the program prompted me to do so.
The HJT has been ran and I attached the log titled Hijackthis2

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

system restore

Ok. I went into control panel and found that system was already off. I turned it on and allowed max 12%. I left it on. Is that ok?

Yes, that`s fine.

So do you think I should be ok now? I should not have to re-format the PC?

If so, I do plan on buying some better virus and spyware protection. Probably Norton.

Providing you`re having no other problems, you should be good to go.

I don`t recommend you get Norton, it`s utter crap and McAfee isn`t much better. See This thread HERE.

Here`s what I recommend.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm or Kerio free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

I'll take a look at what you provided for anti virus protection. I have McAfee currently through my internet provider and that is what let this virus through... And even tried to take credit for removing the virus AFTER I did what you told me to do.

I suggested Norton because I had it once before and it worked pretty good. I'll try the ones you provided.

I also have Webroot spy sweeper that recently updated.

Thanks so much for your help!

Nope, didn`t buy that, so can`t really say if it`s worth it or not.

The secret to having a safe computer, isn`t really what antivirus software you have, but rather how you do your surfing/downloading etc. This thread HERE has some good tips for keeping your computer more secure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back