Google Search Result link to other random pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCJ

I will go through the preliminary steps listed but I have seen a few people post similar problems so if anyone knows a quick and dirty way to get rid of my problem please let me know.

Here goes... I have Macafee as a virus checker. I was playing a game online when I got notification that a couple of virus had been deleted. I didn't think anything of it until (about a day later) I did a search in Google and when I clicked the results, I got sent to other pages.

I downloaded stopzilla, purchased it, got rid of everything it found but it did not fix my Google problem. I also downloaded AVG Anti-spyware but this is not helping either.

The problem seems to be getting worse in that my log-in page for my webmail now keeps refreshing so I cannot enter my username and password.

I really appreciate anyone who can help - I am at a loss... In the meantime I will start he preliminary steps...

Are your google search results completely random or do 1 or 2 sites keep showing up? If so, what sites?

You still need to go through the instructions and post ALL the requested logs as ATTACHMENTS.

This thread is for the use of JCJ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

When I am logged in, I seem to repeat the sites but when I log out and in again, I seem to get new other ones.

Hmmm, just as a precaution could you please follow the instructions below before submitting your other logs.

Please download FindAWF to your Desktop.
Double-click FindAWF.exe to start the tool.
Select "option #1 - Scan for bak folders" by typing 1 and press Enter
When the tool has completed, a report will open up in notepad. Please post the results of the awf.txt as an attachment.

This thread is for the use of JCJ only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

O.kay before I saw your reply I started to go through the steps. I got to the "tools" in Step 10 and now have really screwed myself up.

I did the F8 to get into Safe mode and it didn't work... so I tried the system configuration step of booting up in safe mode but the system is not accepting my password so I can no longer log into the computer! Why would it not accept in the logon in that is used in normal mode? Now I can't get back to normal mode!

Help someone!!!

Have you tried "last known good configuration" in the boot gui that comes up when you press F8?

Tried your suggestion, still puts me in safe mode and still does not recognize my user password. I think because I changed the msconfig, it assumes it should always boot that way but I can't get into the computer to turn it off...

Sorry for the delay. I am away on vacation so it is not easy for me to get to an internet connection consistently. I have solved my safemode problem. It requires an administrator password. I now have that so I will continue with the steps. In the meantime, I have run the program you asked and the notebook report is attached.

I have completed all the preliminary steps. Although some of my problems seem to have cleaned up. I may have caused other problems. I now have some websites that seem to keep refreshing so I cannot log in or anything - my webmail as an example.

I could not complete Step 10.

I could not go into Safe mode as myself.

No Rootkits were found.

Here are the three files.... Please help.

Thanks
JCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back