Got a blue screen upon boot, not sure why, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

Guys, i need to find out why i got a blue screen upon booting the PC. Let me give you a little backround on this. This morning i opened up my case so i could reverse the top case fan and set it to exhaust since i accidentally put it in as intake during assembly. After that was done i used i can of compressed air to blow out some dust that has accumulated, i tried not to target the sensitive components like mobo and vid card. Before putting the door back i wanted to boot up the pc and see how the case fan i was working on was doing. It was doing fine and after i got to the windows password screen i turned off the pc. After that i rebooted the pc to check a different fan but this time i never got to the password logon screen, instead i got a blue screen with a message that read something like this:

Windows was not booted up to prevent damage to system. BIOS is not ACPI compliant, please update your BIOS and so on. And this is the tech code displayed below: stop 0x000000A5 (0x00000011, 0x00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

After getting that message i put the door back and rebooted, i was given a choice of several boot modes and chose safe mode, after that i rebooted normally and everything was fine for almost 1 hr. I'm not sure why i'm getting this mesaage, my BIOS is updated to the latest and this system hasn't given me any trouble since i put it together almost 2 weeks ago.Anyone has any idea why did this happen?

Thats a helpful link, however, it seems that code 0x000000A5 applies to installtion of Windows 2000, i'm using Win XP and its been installed a while ago. What can i do to resolve this? Reinstall Windows?

Thanks Howard, though i'm kinda puzzled as to why this happened now. When i was installing Windows for the first time no problems occured. From what i understand this happens only during installation. I havent had a problem since, and i'm hoping that this is a one time occurance but i guess if it hapens again i'll try to do Windows repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back