Got fed up trouble shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all members. I am a newbie at Techspot but have some experience with IT hardware and software.

Have been having problems with my PC - first noted file corruption (caused by some hardware fault - not software or malware). Chkdsk revealed bad clusters but later scans showed hard drive 100% in good state. Tested RAM and also found no problems. Physically cleaned PC hardware, checked component seating - found PSU fan damaged and replaced whole PSU. Possibly overheating cooked some other component. I also change IDE cable.

Now system is more stable but I am getting random BSODs on shutdown and I probably something is still wrong. My prime suspicion is that the mainboard has a fault................

Attached is system info and dump from latest BSOD on shutdown.
Would appreciate some guidance.

System appears to be stable now!

Hi Peterdiva,

Installing UPHClean seems to have worked and I do not suffer BSODs at shutdown any longer. I am still not convinced that the hardware is 100% healthy but at least system is stable and usable until I get the funds to upgrade to a dual-core CPU system.

Thanks also go to Tedster for the useful link. I did not have much time to go through it in detail (especially as my system did not crash again) but I will surely refer to it in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back