gpedit.msc missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a novice at pc's, there is probably a simple fix that I am unaware of, but I really need help! I have been able to find a fix for my problem,(my windows and buttons tab is stuck in windows classic) The fix tells me to run gpedit.msc but I can't find It! The registry fix tells me to look for the "NoVisualStyleChoice", but it's not there. Help! Sorry I forgot to say I have windows xp not xp pro.

Shirl said:
The fix tells me to run gpedit.msc but I can't find It! The registry fix tells me to look for the "NoVisualStyleChoice", but it's not there. Help! Sorry I forgot to say I have windows xp not xp pro.

sorry, only XP/Pro supports GPEDIT.MSC :(

Still Stuck in Windows Classic

Thanks for your reply. I guess I will have to use the registry to change it back, but I have never done this before, so if there is some help out there I would really appreciate it. I have downloaded a tweak from Kellys Korner, but have no idea how to use it!

sorry, only XP/Pro supports GPEDIT.MSC :(
Hi!

I'm having the same problem with the 'NoVisualStyleChoice' value missing from the registry and I have XP Pro. I've tried Kelly's Korner and I'm still having the existing problems with my themes. I've tried d/l'ing a restore themes file that merged successfully with the existing registry, but I'm still having problems with the themes. I've already done the services.msc route and the settings are the way they should be. i've scanned my system for the missing value and it cannot be found.

How can I obtain another similar value for the themes to work? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back