gran turismo and forza

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtickner1

i was just wondering if there are any games like gran turismo and forza for pc

:( I was just trying to help... :haha:

Well... I think the best racing game I ever played was BurnOut, It's very fun you drive at like 200miles per hour and you can push other cars into the rails and make them bounce and hit oncoming cars then watch them get destroyed! :D

Check out www.video.google.com and search Burn Out ;)

yeah burnout its lush iv got burnout 3 on ps2, but i was kinda looking for a racing sim like GT and forza where you get all tech on ur cars and stuff like that you know what i mean

Spotrscar GT was the closest i ever found, but that was some time back.

Live for speed is not bad either. http://www.liveforspeed.net/ it may interest you.

Im a major driving game man too, i got a ps1 just for gran turismo 1 & 2.
Play forza a fair bit o my xbox too. :)

thanks ill have a look into those games,
gran turismo 2 is really good, i really like gran turismo 3 a spec on ps2

well if you ever get a chance to play A-spec you should cause its really good

thanks also s18000rpm ill check those games out

Well, you missed out. What really captured Gran Turismo and surpassed it quickly went under due to lack of players.. MotorCity Online. :(

Buy/sell/soup-up cars in an online world against other players. It had hundreds of cars, used/new, tons of parts and upgrades, and you had to win money by racing against other users.

The only remaining thing that is working towards holding a candle towards Gran Turismo is rFactor. It has a free demo, but the demo doesn't do the full game justice. It's career mode has for upgrades and vehicle customization, but not quite to the same degree as GT.

Lastly, oldie but goodie albeit limited to Porsche's... Need For Speed:porsche Unleashed has a lot of the same gameplay as GT's simulation mode, but limited to 50+ years of Porsche cars. It also has a "Factory Driver" mode with missions to add even more cars to your garage. Great game with similar gameplay but somewhat dated by today's standards.

NFS Porsche Unleashed (nfs pu) is the game i treasure, its the BEST NFS till day, no other NFS title has been declared a true successor to NFS PU. (like NFS U2 to NFS U).

with some mods you can soup-up NFS PU (one mod mods the gfx. similar to NFS HP2 [shiny reflections]). & car mods can put NFS MW BMW M3 GTR in NFS PU.

"Factory Driver" Missions are the Toughest Missions, tougher than MW's Challenge series.
coz in PU you've to deal with Simulation Driving Physics & do all stunts, like double 360 turns, 180 turns....

for all kinds of NFS mods head to www.nfscars.net

GTR 2 lets you play online with 34 online opponents. (not sure, as i havent tried the game, 1 GB RAM + gfx. card are minimum requirement.

cool rfactor sounds good. thanks every1 for suggesting games.

Burnout is probably my most favorite racing game but like you said you already had it

burnout isnt in the same league as the legendary GT in burnout (when will you learn justin) you just hit the accelerator and become entranced in the lovley crashes that you encounter. while in GT and Forza you get to become one with your car modding it to your hearts content as you would raise a child then let it loose upon the race track and cry in delight as you lap the computer controlled cars about 10 times in your Pagani Zonda in a 2hr endurance race. :'( brings a tear to my eye

Well... Atleast I can push cars into other cars and watch the Slow-mo reply... In GT they dont even have a Detection system! You can go right through the cars! ;)

Also get on Xfire so I can own you in Qauke 4 :D

what?? you cant drive through cars?
btw i uninstalled quake 4 and cbf re installing it and im going to sleep now play another day ok

You uninstalled because you got pissed off at the First player? :D

Yes you can drive through cars... I did some GT modding and I did it! :D

Yes you can drive through cars... I did some GT modding and I did it!
how did you mod a playstation game?

You uninstalled because you got pissed off at the First player?
nah i finished it and felt that some extra HDD space was in need

More HHD space for what? I only see you play like 5 games :D

how did you mod a playstation game?

My friend has this program that he plugs into his PS2 from his computer... It's sortof like the Xbox mod device but it's for PS2

rik if thats you playing in the 2nd video im jealous of your imense drifting skills

Yup, that's me driving:) That's not my best chain drift, just the best one i recorded.

I actually managed a 9 and a half lap chain drift scoring 917k online but wasn't recording at the time and beat someone that was cheating:) :)

And i did it all with an old ps1 controller hooked up to my pc via a usb adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back