graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have windows 98 Se, 256mab ram, 40gb hard disk. I want to buy a graphic card 128 MB. budget around 50-60 $. CAn any body suggeat me the card workable with al th games

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

We'd love to help you, but we'll need more information than that.

What cpu/motherboard do you have and what kind of ram? (We need to know the motherboard, and the rest will help us determine what performance level you're at)

Then we need to know what kind of games you want to play. But be warned that in the 50-60$ range, there aren't all that many good cards which'll work with FPS'.

If your into WC3, Starcraft. maybe Quake3, a GeforceFX 5200 may be your best alternative. I picked it up for $50 after rebates at Circuit City.

If you can afford a GeForce 4 TI 4200, I would go that route. It doesn't support DX9 like the fx5200, but they are tried and true. It runs BFV at low quality just fine. If you can spare more money, go with an ATI 9500 pro or fx5500. You pay for what you get... Take a look at Newegg.com refurbs section. You can get some pretty sweet deals in there, but remember they are refurbs...
Bug

tHANKIS FO THE REPLY. I DONT PLAY VERY HIGH PROFILE GAMES. ONLY SOME STSTERGY GAMES LIKE AGE OF MYHOLOGY, COMMANDO3, BATTLEFIELD ETC. cPU -CEERON 1.7 MHZ. RAM 256MB, MOTHERBOARD -VIA WITH AGP SLOT

People here tend to prefer posts not written in all caps. Try to remember that next time.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back