Graphic Cards for a Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I play a lot of games that require high quality graphic cards
it's better for me to get a separate graphic card when i am putting together a computer then a main board with graphic cards included right?
and also what graphic cards would you recommend for people like me who play alot of games, in a price range around 100bucks to 300.

kimster58 said:
If I play a lot of games that require high quality graphic cards
it's better for me to get a separate graphic card when i am putting together a computer then a main board with graphic cards included right? 
Yes, add-in graphics cards are the way to go if you are in to graphic intensive games. Onboard graphics have vastly improved, and some can even run the newer games (motherboard with the NVIDIA nForce 430 southbridge for example), but you have to turn all the setting down. Worse, the onboard graphics get dated a lot faster. If you have a PCI-e expansion slot, your motherboards life is greatly extended (via upgrades)

and also what graphic cards would you recommend for people like me who play alot of games, in a price range around 100bucks to 300.

That is quite a wide price range....
Here is a useful tool for comparing the various cards against each other via benchmarks. You can then use newegg to get an idea of prices.
http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

1. Play alot of games and runs all games with ease for $300:

AGP = Geforce 7800GS

PCI express = Geforce 7900GT

2. Play alot of games for around $200

AGP= Raedon X1600Pro

PCI express = Geforce 7600GT

3. Play games alot, but your strapped for cash, like around $100

AGP= 6600GT

PCI express = 6800XT

Status
Not open for further replies.