Graphic corruption when gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently ran into a problem with my graphics when gaming. During game play my screen will break out with squares all over, and I must restart to get rid of them.

graphicglitch.jpg

My system is about a year and a half old now and this is the first time I've ever seen this. It first started last week with Command and Conquer 3. At that time it did not occur with any other game. Tonight it happened with Everquest. I have not tried with any other games at this time. I am unsure of the cause, and oblivious as to how to fix it.

My computer specs are as follows:
Motherboard Make/Model: AsusTek / AV8-E Deluxe
Graphic interface: ATI Radeon X800 XL PCI-E
Memory: DDR 2048MB Dual Channel (1GB x 2)
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+
CPU Speed: 2200 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model: Aspire / ATX-AS500W
Watt output/Amperage: 500W / 34A (on +12V)

That used to happen to me when i overclocked my old gfx to far or when my gfx got to hot. Whats the temperature of your gfx, is it overclocked? and have you got the latest drivers for both the gfx and the game???

EDIT: you may also want to try altering the graphics settings of the games

Well I already have all possible drivers up to date (first thing I tried). I am thinking it is a heat problem, but my temp guage doesn't work and haven't gotten around to getting a new one.

I cleaned out the inside today so hopefully it will run cooler. I've been wanting to get a new graphics card for about a month or so, maybe this is just the push i need to do it. o.0

**EDIT**
I think before I buy a new video card I want to try to replace the fan on it (I think that is part of my problem, doubt its working at optimum performance). My card is an ATI Radeon X800 XL, what cooling method would you suggest? I have never replaced the fan on a vid card before so something easy would be best hehe. Not sure what I'd be willing to spend, but nothing too pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back