graphics advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a video card and monitor that will suit my needs on this new build, so I really don’t have a case, and psu picked out yet (it will most likely be chosen after I pick a video card)
I love to play BF2, but I play it on my cheap laptop dell 6000 :( so playing it on maxed settings is a must
I also plan on buying an ATI HD TV tuner so yes I plain on using it for a TV
I have a small room so I believe a 22” is as big as I can go plus the price difference between 22” and a 24” is just HUGE

I’ve posted on another site and they insisted that I get a 24” if I am going to use it as a TV. They also said you cant get 1080p with a 22" (makes sense) but the TV tuner wont pick up HD unless you have a HD TV box or something like that (which I don’t have but its there for upgradeable purposes)

This is what I have in the shopping cart right now is
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Conroe 3.0GHz LGA 775 Processor
OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Microsoft Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Premium

I guess im looking for the best video card and monitor combination for under $800

I don't know of any 22" LCDs that will do 1080p, most stop at 1050 (and plus aren't 1920 wide which is required).

SO, in my opinion, get a 6750 and a 320 meg 8800GTS because currently you won't push the card hard enough to need more RAM at 1680x1050 that you'll be getting on a 22" LCD. Maybe a 22" Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back