Graphics card compatibilaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber_hunter

I am thinking of purchasing a "Sapphire radeon 9600xt 256mb agp" graphics card.

I would like to know if this graphics card would work with a TFT/Flat panel monitor at 1024x768 32 bit colour 60hz.

Can you link to the exact card and monitor so we can find the specs? It should work, but I can't know without specs. What size lcd? What connector does the lcd have, dvi or vga?

P.S - i would like to hear opinions on the 9600xt 256MB graphics card as i have heard that it is fast enough to play todays games.

the price is £74.99

cyber_hunter said:
I am thinking of purchasing a "Sapphire radeon 9600xt 256mb agp" graphics card.

I would like to know if this graphics card would work with a TFT/Flat panel monitor at 1024x768 32 bit colour 60hz.

It most likely would work, assuming that you have an AGP slot, which you probably do. Monitor doesn't really determine what graphics card you can or can't have.

As it isn't a dual DVI card it shouldn't be a problem at all.

And as for good enough to play current games, it depends on what settings you want to use.
I'd rather buy the 9800pro 128mb that's in stock, as it's a better card than the 9600XT... It costs 89.52£ which means it's a little more than your budget, but a lot better.

Huh?

It's got a DVI connection, and a regular VGA, so you shouldn't have any problem using it with an LCD screen...
If you look here you'll find a short definition of the different DVI specs, and the connector on that card is a DVI-I, meaning it supports both analog and digital signal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back