Graphics Card Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm very dumb with computer hardware so here it goes.

I'm interested in purchasing a new graphics card for my current pc.

When I check out the information on the cards.. it says its Windows Vista ready.

My OS is off course just Windows XP so I'm confused?

Sorry for being so dumb but I really have no clue whats going on with the technology out there these days.

Thanks for the help

Use a program like SIW or Everest Home Edition (Google for them) to get your PC's specifications like Motherboard Name, Chipset Type etc. We can then help you better. Also open your case and post the information on the PSU (Power Supply Unit) sticker.

Hello, white_dragons, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your question, cards that say vista ready just means that they'll run the fancy Aero interface, xp doesn't have it so you don't need to worry :)

Once we have information about your current setup then we can help you with finding a card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back