Graphics Card Glitches after Formatting computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

Hi everybody,

I have an NVIDIA Geforce 6600 graphics card running on Windows XP with the newest drivers.

I formatted my computer earlier and reinstalled windows xp. Before this, my graphics card worked perfectly. Since formatting, It hasnt worked.

1.)On games like The Sims or Wurm Online. I get white blocks and lines all over the screen.

2.) On oblivion, in game, it freezes and I end up with a blue screen stating that my card has been turned off because it went into an infinite loop and either my drivers or card are not working and it points out nv4_disp.dll

I've tried using older drivers. I've tried using "driver cleaner pro" and than reinstalling the drivers. I reinstalled direct X to 9.0c . I even put an older graphics card in to see if it had a problem(it didnt). I really dont have much of an idea on whats wrong... I mean, it was working before I formatted.

Nothing I've done makes it work better...Could anybody help me?

My motherboard is an a7n8x deluxe.

I don't think I updated the chipset but that shouldnt matter because thats not changed when I formatted my computer,right?

well, I downloaded CPU-Z and it says my chipset is nForce2 SPP. I went on Nvidias site and there only options were downloading nforce drivers for series 4,5,or 6, professional, and go series.

When the asus website is running again you should update all your mobo drivers. I use asus and know how important those drivers can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back