Graphics Card Upgrade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenko

Ok, I have a Dell Dimension 2400 Desktop and need help choosing what to upgrade my graphics card to. I just want a cheap one, but one that's better than the 64 Mb one I currently have. All i need it for is to make my games run smoother and not crash so much. I don't have very much money so try to keep it cheap =)
Thanks in advance,
Tenko

You'll need a regular PCI video card. No AGP or PCI-e available for Dimension 2400. I've got one myself.

My 2400 is using a gForce FX 5500 128 MB card. It works fine for me, but "fine" is a relative term. I actually find 30 fps to be very playable. If that isn't acceptable for you, there isn't much you can do. :angel:

Anyway, the $50 - $60 that video card costs will give you a dramatic improvement over the integrated video the computer comes with.

Well, I don't think my computer has an AGP slot so looks like I'm saving for a PCI graphics card. I'll probably save for a 256 MB one. Soon I'm upgrading my RAM from 256 MB to 712 MB also, so after I get a graphics card and stuff I'll be able to play Morrowind with all my 102 mods at a decent framerate. Also I could even attempt something like Neverwinter Nights or Oblivion when it comes out. I still doubt World of Warcraft will play decent but who knows. By the way, can anyone tell me how I can check out all the hardware that my system has, like the current graphics card and stuff because all I can find is the GHz the Ram and other stuff like that, but I can't for the life of me find the graphics card installed in it, and I'm no computer expert so I don't know off the top of my head. All I know is that I don't have an AGP slot, I guess, so yea. Anyways, back on topic. How much do you think a 256 MB PCI gfx card would cost and could you reccomend any good 128 MB or 256 MB PCI gfx cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back