Graphics card? what can it run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid078

hi all
i have a problem (but don't we all) and ive tried to fix it many a time with different ways but could not. I like to play games, to put it simply, and i borrowed Battlefield 2 off a friend, it installed fine then when i doubled clicked to play, splash screen then a black screen then bnack to desktop or CTD in lots of forums.
i tried downloading the latest updates with no success, tried installing all the vista updates i could, nope didnt work
im currently running a dell inspiron 1520, vista home basic, intel m celeron 1.86ghz, 1 gig of ram
graphics - intergrated Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

now i know your first thought, its intergrated its about as useful and resourceful as dinosaur repellent
but i can run quite a few new games quite well, games like halo, half-life 2, and f.e.a.r, these all run fine
but one think that bothers me that i do not know about my card is that it can run hardware t & l, but websites like srtest.com say it does not support it

i do not know if that has anything to do with not running battlefield, but i would appreciate any input or any questions you may have that could leed me to a solution or a better understanding

thankyou for your time
metroid078

You have it backwards,
It's if the game requirements are met with your video and system.
Read the game box for these items.It might be an 8x and you don't
have 8x.

I think that DX 9 cards are backwards compatible with DX 8 as DX 9 has DX 8 and DX 7 elements.

zipperman said:
It might be an 8x and you don't have 8x.

8x what? do you mean agp?

if you do it wouldnt' say this on the game box and it wouldn't really matter if you had agp 4x or 8x, i have 4x and things run fine for me

also he doesn't have an agp card, it's built in graphics

i too think that your graphics may be the problem

i don't know this for certain but battlefield 2 might not be compatible with vista, try running it in compatibility mode set to windows xp sp2

Yes agp

Daveskater said:

if you do it wouldnt' say this on the game box and it wouldn't really matter if you had agp 4x or 8x, i have 4x and things run fine for me

i don't know this for certain but battlefield 2 might not be compatible with vista, try running it in compatibility mode set to windows xp sp2

My motherboard asus P5S800 and my AGP ATI Radeon 9600XT
both support 8x.
Its shows as selected in ATI's Catalyst Control Panel,and the bios.
But my point is both have to support it if the game requires it.
All i need is a reply that the game doesn't and metroid078 has confirmed this.
Their might be a game patch for his problem,so check their website.
Thats a reasonable answer to the ? posted.
Do i have to google all his devices ? Read the boxes like i just did.
This is the first i've heard of 9x though.

Read the post title

Daveskater said:

graphics card.;)

do you mean agp 8x and not directx

they're totally different things

he's using onboard graphics so it doesn't even matter about agp 8x because it's not being used

No not DX8

Daveskater said:
do you mean agp 8x and not directx

they're totally different things

he's using onboard graphics so it doesn't even matter about agp 8x because it's not being used
Then edit the topic title.:haha:
I know from rereading his fist post it's internal,still wrong title.
You need Direct X 9.0c these days.Perhaps thats the problem.
8x is some newer game system requirements.
As i said motherboard and "video card" have to have.
Heres the latest Direct X 9.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

it's not you cinders don't worry :) zipperman said about 8x and i still don't know what he could mean

directx 9.0c is available from the microsoft website, personally i always download from manufacturer websites

"8x is some newer game system requirements."

I really have no idea what you mean, do you have a link that could explain it?

right soz that i didnt reply for ages,
for a start my dxdiag says im using DX10 so thats that argument out of the question
and ive sorta given up hope i might try and contact EA but i dnt have much faith in them lol

thanks for your posts anyway
anymore are welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back