graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what type graphics card I need to run a computer video game. when I tried to run the game I got a message saying that I need a Graphics card that supports pixel shaders v1.1 the name of the game is (Leggo "Star Wars" the video game.)

Thank you

Your current card isnt up to the job, you need a new one. You need to find out what your mobo will take. I run an MSI 745 ultra mobo and it only goes to agp x4.

Brenda,
If you feel some of this is confusing I would suggest you simply get a Fusion 5500 PCI card from Best Buy or some place like that. Almost all PCs have a open PCI slot. If your MOBO does have a AGP slot then go for the AGP version it will be faster and cost about the same.

The Fusion cards are made by this company in the link below.

http://www.bfgtech.com/5500OC_pci.html

You can find other cards on that site too but I would suggest if Lego StarWars is the game you want to play you do not need to spend 2 to 5 hundred bucks on a video card like alot of us silly gamer types do. :eek:

Good luck!!

What do you mean by Fusion Cards, they're GEFORCE FX cards?

For AGP i'd reckomend the Radeon 9600XT or... if you can stretch to it, the 9800Pro.

For PCI there's not really a lot you can do, at least in Britain, I don't know what the PCI scene is like in the states.

To be able to play that game, you need either a GeForce 3 or Radeon 8500 or better.
Just stay away from any MX cards you find...

If you're willing to spend a little more and thus get a card that will last longer, the Geforce FX 5700 is the best PCI card you can get afaik. If you have AGP, come back and we'll try to see what's the best deal you can get within your budget.

Hehe, I've gotten so used to people not filling out the info, so I didn't bother to check :eek:

Then it's mostly up to how much $$$ she is willing to spend..
Brenda, if you post whatm your budget is, and what type of games you play, we can come up with a few suggestions for what you should get..
If you play mostly older games, you can save a bit compared to if you like to play the new games coming out.

Know how you feel Mr.G I was suprised. :grinthumb
Brenda is obviously very thorough, I hope that she has prompted one or two others to follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back