graphics drivers for a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid078

my friend is selling me a graphics card because mine is rubbish and can't play the games i want to play. he is selling me a 3dfx voodo video card but hasn't got the graphics drivers with it. what website can i download these drivers so it will run properly

thankyou

worse

After i removed disabled my current video card the intel 82810 graphics controller and enabled the 3dfx voodo3 things seemed better but they are in fact worse. eg on the intel i had direct 3d and the voodo it says it doesn't. so is it really a worse video card or do i need the device drivers

consider get your money back and get the better cheap video card....?
The 3dfx are outdated and very very old. It will not support beyond directx 8.0 and will not even play the flash smoothly. Get the Geforce MX 4400 for around 20 bucks.

metroid078 said:
After i removed disabled my current video card the intel 82810 graphics controller and enabled the 3dfx voodo3 things seemed better but they are in fact worse. eg on the intel i had direct 3d and the voodo it says it doesn't. so is it really a worse video card or do i need the device drivers
Some of it might be that you didn't have the right drivers you actually took a few steps back with that card from your intel 82810 controller. You probably need to go out and get yourself like an FX5200 or something. Still can be found on PCI if you don't have an AGP port or one that is compatible with and 8X AGP card.

yay

i managed to get it working the drivers were on the video card, after i updated it, it worked brillantly. i have one final question. Will the 3dfx voodo3 support opengl?

thankyou

I don't believe it will I thin that card predates opengl. Your talking about a card that was discontinued like 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back