Graphics Glitch issue - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azraele

Hi Guys - hoping someone could help me with an issue I have recently developed.

I primarily play COD4 at the moment and everything has been running fine until recently. After applying patch 1.3 I am getting what could only be described as snagging to my graphics.

To explain, everything is running smoothly however intermittently I get a split second pause in my graphics then it continues on smoothly, like it snags momentarily. This happens continually whilst playing. Really frustrating as you can imagine playing FPS.

Sys Specs

Intel Core 2 6600 @ 2.40GHz
2Gig Ram DD2
GeForce 8800GTS 320mb
Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2R Motherboard
Thermaltake 430w PSU

Using NTune the card under load whilst playing COD4 sits about 65 degrees celcius and I have the side of the case open. Have the fan running at 90% so not sure if it is a heat issue.

Also I have read that the 8800GTS requires 26amp on 12v rail. I cant confirm this anywhere on the NVIDIA site, however the PSU I have runs at 18amps for 12v.

Have updated the video drivers (released today).

Really at a loss as to what it could be.

Any suggestions would be most welcome..

Cheers.

If your psu only outputs 18amps and the card needs 26amps then the problem is obvious.

Ok it doesnt appear to be the power supply. Have replaced my previous one with a Corsair HX520w and I am still getting the glitches in COD4.

This has now go me stuffed.

Any other suggestions guys? BTW - appreciate the advise I have received thus far.

Did you remove the driver and software for your old card before fitting your new one?

Actually - come to think of it I did not. Dumb **** :blush:

Can it still be done even though I have already updated to the latest Nvidia beta drivers?

It can be done in safe mode, i can do you some instructions if you want to give it a go.

Press F8 just before windows begins to load and select safe mode in the menu.
When fully booted, you need to get to device manager.
To do this click start, control panel, (switch to classic view if it isnt done already) system, hardware, device manager.
You then need to remove everything in display adapters then re-boot into normal mose and re-install your new driver.

Let me know how you get on with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back