Graphics Instability (overclocked system)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scol

Okay, as is said in my signature, I have my XP2500+ overclocked to 3200+. Though my graphics is now different than what is listed below (looks like its time to update the signature), I've been experiencing problems on both the old card and my now current card (being the 9600XT).

Here's my current BIOS settings (trying to remember off the top of my head as I'm on my work computer right now)
FSB 200, Multiplier 11, AGP voltage 1.6, CPU voltage 1.675, Chipset voltage 1.6, RAM 2-3-3-7 Ratio: Auto, AGP set at 66Mhz. I have no PCI cards installed.

When I run 3dmark01SE and 3dmark03, it makes it through fine. I've also left Folding@Home on for several hours with no problems. However, when I play games such as AA and CS, I get program errors. All Windows apps run fine (Office, IE, Outlook Express, etc), but the problem only arises with the games, although I do recall having two occasions where I got the BSOD with one of those being because of a physical memory dump.

I've had to drop my settings to default to run smooth in terms of gaming. Any tips to get my system stable in games while still overclocking my system?

Increase your CPU core voltage to 1.75v and see how you get on. I am running my 2500+ at 2.3 GHz with vcore @ 1.75v. I couldn't get it stable at anything less, even when running at 2.2GHz.

You have no crashes while playing games? I'll probably try to beef it up some more when I get home today, then. Hopefully temps don't go up too much...

On a side note, has anyone used Arctic Silver 5 yet? I have arctic silver 3 on my stuff right now and I got a tube of 5 just sitting there, and I'm wondering if its worth it to bother using the new stuff. I heard its thicker and it needs way more time to break it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back