Graphics Performance Short-comings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba Sattelite A105 S4064.
Sadly, this laptop only sports the Intel 945GM chipset graphics control, integrated onto the laptops mobo. supposedly, I should be able to adjust teh video memory ranging from 8mb to 128 mb, but in windows it shows 0mb dedicated video memory, 32mb of system video memory and 192mb of shared system memory. Furthermore, the bios on this laptop has no options to adjust the video memory availability.

My question: Is there any way at all to up the video performance on this laptop? I have been unable to find very detailed specs on this model. is there an open slot on the mobo into which I can put in a new graphics card? can the video memory be adjusted?

Anyone who is familiar with these models, please give me something to go with or at least get started in the right direction on this. Thank you!

I had a toshiba satelite model, I'm thinking you have a nvidea chip in that thing, you'd have to go to control panel, display, then there should be a tab with what video card you have, click on it, then advance, there should be an option menu, classic view or new view(something like that) make sure it's on classic so that you can adjust your frequencies. But mind you, its all a confined space, so there is much reason why a high end chip cant be put in the model, and you may damage your laptop because of it, my satellite model ran hot all the time.

oh wow, half of your video memory is automatically dedicated just to the operating system. First I'd suggest downgrading to xp to free up all the video memory before you mess with frequencies. And yes there is something else you have to do, but I dont know what off hand. I'll look into it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back