Graphics Problem 3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and i have a little problem with "Operation flashpoint".
I load the game but it hangs after a while and returns to windows.

Was wondering what the problem is.

I ran dxdiag and it told me it had failed on step 8 (creating 3d device), and 3d not available, though when i run dxdiag before i start the game the tests work out fine.

I seems that running the game makes the 3d problem and i have to reboot to get it to work again.

I am running XP Pro
256mb ram
256mb Geforce FX5200
Direct x v9.0b
Currently the latest nvidia drivers.

I'm not brilliant with computers but if anyone could give me a step by step guide to fixing it could you let me know.

I know the game is old now but i still find it really entertaining and hope someone could help me with the matter.

I'm running at at full 32bit, but when i do auto detect it gives display device direct 3D, although i have a new graphics card i was thinking it should support HW T&L ? (?what ever that means?)

Any help would be great!
Thankyou

Right ive tried to load it in lower res and it came up with this...

Cannot create 3D device:
Adapter 0 (nividia Geforce FX 5200) Fullscreen
Resolution 1152x864, format R5G6B5/D24S8, refresh 75hz
Error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Any ideas?

buginson said:
Right ive tried to load it in lower res and it came up with this...

Cannot create 3D device:
Adapter 0 (nividia Geforce FX 5200) Fullscreen
Resolution 1152x864, format R5G6B5/D24S8, refresh 75hz
Error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Any ideas?

do you have your vid card set to override applications, it may be that your vid card is trying to run in 1152*864 and it's not a res supported by the game use application selection so that the game can select the res and is not forced into a unsupported res by the vid card, give that a try it usually works if not post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back