Graphics Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wesablo

hey - ive got this really annoying graphics problem where items or characters randomly explode into a blurr across the whole screen or map. i figured out that this may be because of older prior drivers conflicting with newer drivers. (btw, ive got a 6800 ultra) Also id like to point out that i used an ati 9700 pro for a short while when i was waiting for my 6800 to be fixed under warrenty from asus for burning out. I dont know if this has a significant plot in my problem, but figured id mention it. If anyone can shed some light on this and help me out, i would really appreciate it a lot. Ive tried unintalling the nvidia drivers may times and deleting the ati catalyst drivers. I also used a program by the name of "nvidia nasty file remover" as advice from some thread i saw, but still the problem persists. Thanks for any help,
~Wes

i havnt tried, because basically...i fried it - hah, but ya i dunno the 6800 was also fried, but i sent it to asus to fix it under the warranty....maybe they didnt totally fix it?

Nothing personal, but you seem to be overcooking these cards rather a lot - make sure you have things cooled down enough in the case?
I would try another card if you can get hold of one - and at the same time contact ASUS and tell them they didn't fix it.

tru - the 6800 just draws so much power i think without proper cooling overheating is inevitable....as for the 9700pro it burnt because of a fan problem, basically there was a bearing piece missing to connect it to the chip, so thats why that one got messed up - but ya, ive tried uninstalling drivers, installing, deleting and so... i guess i gotta call asus..

well ive got 2 20mm fans front and back, and the stock fan on the 6800 of course but thats pretty much it - also, actually this brings up something ive been wondering...i bought an iceberq 5 and its on my radeon9700pro right now - would installing that on my 6800 chip be beneficial, and better off than the stock fan? i would hope so, but maybe you can telll me

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back