graphics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this has been asked a lot but i need to upgrade my graphics. it started when i purchased a new pc and gave the old one to my son, he was pleased until he started playing the online game runescape. he said it was lagging and to slow so he took control of my pc. i posted same question on download.com i got the answer to upgrade to the fx 5200 as the person had same pc as me he also said not to go too high on the graphics as mobo wouldnt handle it.what i would like to know is there any members out there who have a different oppinion, here are my pc specs.
processor: via samual 2 c3
system model: pvcle 266
system type: x86-based pc
internal graphics: agp 4x
graphic slots: 2x 32bit 128mb pci slots for pci 2.2
512 ram, 80 gig hd.
ps: i also need too know if i have to have 2x 32 bit or 1 64 bit graphics and could i use a 256 mb version instead of 128. i am a bit of a novice when it comes to computer language and specs hence the username. any help greatly appreciated.

well for runscape lol you could play that with any graphics card, although runescape requires a fast internet connection speed so... i had the geforce FX 5200 it worked pretty good, but wanted to play newer games then runescape, so if he is just playing runescape that should be just fine.

thanks for the reply mastermike, but i want to know if it is worth buying the card or if my pc and processor are just too old. after all it is only a spare pc for my son to play some games on and maybe some school homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back