Green lines all over screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grettings,
all of the sudden I have an intermittant display problem that come and goes, and it seems to be getting worse as it is staying longer. ACross the entire screen are alternating green lines as shown in the pic, cant tell if it shows there as I cant see it properly with the lines on my display. I am guessing this is a video card issue but would like more advice in diagnosing this

fujitsu lifebook N3010 -54
service pack 2 window home
2.66 ghz 1.0gb ram
pentium 4
ATI mobility radeon 9000 w/ 64 mb deducated to mem
4x agp supported

color flat panel sxga+ tft active matrix LCD display

Attachments

• screnn capture 3.JPG
    screnn capture 3.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 208
Yip.. sounds like a similar proiblem i had with a radeon 9800 pro.. it played games ect fine, but with strange green lines covering parts of the screen.
Turned out to be a dodgy graphics card..

Take out your graphics card, plug it back in your old plug see if it helps..(if you have such a option with a laptop?)
Just to be extra sure.. stick it in a freinds computer to see if it has the same green line effect..

Sorry i couldent be more help..

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree it`s probably a bad video card.

Like Fimbles said, try reseating it.

Do you get the green lines, if you boot into safe mode?

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I am not sure I would suggest reseating it like Howard suggests since it is in a laptop, but I would have to agree with the first two assesments that the Video card has gone bad.

Do you have any warranty or free techsupport left with Fujitsu? I would maybe see how much it would be to get them to work on it and replace the motherboard since in a laptop it is all intergrated. You may find that it is cheaper to just replace the laptop all together.

Jimbo420 said:
I figured you might have just skimmed over that spot or something. No big deal though ;)

thanks, yep, video card bad. mucho dinero to replace mother board. but lucky I bought 3 year replacement warrenty, totally covered. even got a loaner when I left it with 'em. all is well

I am having the same problem

I had a 9800 pro and went and replaced it with a new ati card however its still doing the vertical green lines that come and go. the only way it seems that I can get rid of them is by jiggling some power supply wires here and there. Is this a faulty power supply or what? I dont wanna misdiagnose again and buy another part that doesnt solve this problem

Move that PC and monitor to another location or another room and see if you get the same effect?

@Nerd57441687455: What does that mean? Short circuit that fried gfx card?

What should I replace? Power supply or gfx?

On two computers I had nvidia Gainward 6600GT. The first one display went black and it turned out that gfx card cooler stopped working and the card fried...

This is second one...:-((

Waiting for reply while hoping that I don't have to replace gfx card...:))

well... I have the same green vertical lines all of a sudden. pc seems to work fine till I try to open a mmorpg and then all hell breaks loss, green lines, freeze, have to manually shut it down. then it wont display anything at reboot and I have to go through 30min of reboot/shut down to make it display the boot screen, I hear it boot but can't see it. been playing the game for a year, no new installs/drivers/devices/hardware, game haven't updated either. I can play movies and surf the net just fine. but can't open the game.

Windows xp pro sp3
GeForce 7600 GT (driver updated today didn't help)
1gb ram

You power supply may be failing. It isn't always all or nothing. Sometimes it slowly fades away.

you mean the pc power supply right? lol sorry its just that in other posts its been said to try move the pc to another room which I can't do since its a 1 room apparent ^^

well apparently it was the graphic card, seems the fan on it only worked sometimes lol
anyways I replaced it with 9500 GT 1gb ddr2, pc is back to normal. ty for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back