Grey Box Once Again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

I recently posted a thread on how everytime I start Counter-Strike: Source the screen goes black at the menu, and a grey box appears on the lower right side of my screen. To fix this problem someone suggested uninstalling and then reinstalling my video card drivers, this fixed the problem. But now I have Windows Vista, and I tried the same fix to the problem, but it didn't work, the screen is STILL going black at the main menu when I start up the game, and a grey box is present at the bottom right of the screen( the game doesn't freeze ). If anyone who has Windows Vista, or anyone who has had this problem could help, that would be MUCH appreciated. :)

Specifications:

Nvidia 8800GTX - - Driver Version = 7.15.11.65 - - Driver Date = 2/10/2007

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700

Windows Vista Home Premium

ASUS P5N32-SLI Se Deluxe Motherboard

Well I tried the Alt tab method and that didn't seem to work so I installed the drivers you posted from that link and that STILL didn't work. I don't know. :(

Have you found anything that works to fix this? I got the 101.70 drivers from Guru3d, and now I get the same problem. I had fixed the issue once by putting in the -dxlevel80 command line change, but now that won't work for me either. I'm frustrated, because I miss playing CS:S. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

yjojimboo said:
Have you found anything that works to fix this? I got the 101.70 drivers from Guru3d, and now I get the same problem. I had fixed the issue once by putting in the -dxlevel80 command line change, but now that won't work for me either. I'm frustrated, because I miss playing CS:S. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I am too very frustrated because I found a fix for this problem by reinstalling my video drivers when I had Windows XP, but now I have Vista and it doesn't work...I don't know what to do..

I know...this is the worst. All I want to do is play. I got the newest Nvidia drivers, the new April DX redist, i don't know what else to try! I've tried command lines, everything short of voodoo

Well I got something to work. I just forgot how to write the command line. goto properties for CS:S in steam, and in the launch options, write -dxlevel 80. I did that and now mine works again. Woot for DX10 hardware running DX8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back