grey text blah.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering does anyone out there could tell me what's grey text blah.exe? It sort of slow down my computer. After I end its process in Window Task Manager, the computer run smoothly again, but from time to time, that grey text blah.exe will be running again. Can I put a stop to it? I'm kind of tired to keep going to Window Task Manager to end that thing, and that grey text blah.exe was located in window/prefetch, I deleted the file there, but still it'll come back on sooner or later. ^^'| Please help!

blah.exe - Here is the scoop on Litmus.2a Trojan. The big question: what is blah.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Litmus.2a Trojan?
blah.exe (Litmus.2a Trojan) - Details

Finding a program by the name of blah.exe running on your computer is usually a sign that your system has possibly been infected with a form of the litmus.2a trojan.

blah.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Litmus.2a Trojan as a trojan, but also because other sites consider it a Trojan as well.

Litmus.2a Trojan is likely a Trojan and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of blah.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, loss of data, loss of control or leaking private information.

Thanks, but it's doesn't show that my computer is being infected by Litmus.2a Trojan or anything though, I made a full scan for my computer. And this computer runs in two users, only my user seem to have that blah.exe, the other user which my sis used doesn't have it. :dead: I think I seriously need to reformat this computer. Anyway, thanks again! :eek:

Boot in Safe Mode
Turn off System Restore
In Taskmanager Stop the blah.exe process
Run regedit, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and remove the entry with blah.exe (rightclick it/select delete)
Make sure your WinExplorer is set to show all system and hidden files.
Do a search for files with that name, and delete them all.
Delete it also from your prefetch cache.
Clean ALL Temp files for all users.
Reboot normal. If OK, turn system Restore back on.

Hey realblackstuff, thanks for the help. I think I did it.. no more blah.exe show in my Task Manager!! Yay!!~ Thanks a whole lots and to you to Tarkus.

Weeeeee -*Dance around*- Now I don't have to format me computer anymore. ^^

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back