GrokLoader

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb123

I read GrokLoader a bad one. Is it? It came back after I got rid of it with Spybot. Avg Spyware and Avg Virus don't detect it. Neither does Ad-Aware or SpyWareBlaster.

I looked at Regedit, and the HKEY that it shows with GrokLoader seems to show something from Tucows....from whom I downloaded something....

Am I in trouble again?

SteveB123

Let`s see if we can get rid of it for you.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of steveb123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

grokloader: finished steps

The AVG anti-spyware had a .csv extension. I renamed it to .txt, so I hope I didn't mess something up.

steveb123

Unfortunately, you haven`t followed the instructions correctly.

The AVG log you posted was from the AVG antivirus programme and not from the AVG Antispyware programme. You also posted your HJT log from safe mode. I have therefore removed you log files and request that you post the following logfiles as per the instructions.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments.

This thread is for the use of steveb123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Grokster

Close control panel.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\Grokster<Delete the entire folder.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for running Spybot Search and Destroy.

Let me know if you`re still having problems.

Grokster seems to be gone

Hi Howard:

Grokster didn't show up in Program Files on any drive or in Add/Remove Programs, and didn't show up this time in SpyBot...so I think it is gone. I'll be careful about what I open in the future.

steveb123

That`s great news and thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back