Ground pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giyad

What is a ground pin? The instructions on my chassis (antec p180) say that I should connect the RESET SW to the RST connector on the mobo (nForce 680i SLI), and that the white wire for each connector should be on the ground pin. I don't know what that means, the ground pin?

Also, the POWER LED is 3-pin but the slot on my mobo is 2-pin. How do I remove the pin from position 3 and put it into position 2, just pull it out?

Thanks!

The wire order of the reset switch is unimportant. All the switch does is connect the two wires - it makes no difference whether you connect + to - or - to +

Yes, use a small screwdriver or something similar to push down the little metal lock and pull the wire from the plug. Bend the lock back up and push the wire in the proper hole. BTW, for a LED, the wire order does matter. Just try it both ways if unsure :)

The ground pin is exactly what it says it is, its the Ground! Protects everything from electric surge, you should look at the manual included on the CD (PDF format) and print the pages that have those diagrams listed, thats what I did for my 590 SLi.

/me wonders which electronic component has more chances of blowing up - one that is connected to both ground and live or one that is connected to only live..

Maybe you should try with your wall socket? First touch the live wire while you are standing on wet ground and then try touching the live wire on a dry insulating rubber mat (that is if you survive this far).

"Ground" can have many meanings and you don't have a clue.

well I know what it means when something is grounded... but its just that all the pins are the same, atleast in appearance, so how do I know which one is the ground pin?

Thanks for the help Ill try and move the wire from position 3 to 2 and let you know how that works out :)

Hey is it supposed to be difficult to push down the lock and then remove the wire or not, cause im having a bit of trouble, the lock isn't budging...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back