GSA-5120D External USB DVD Burner and error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

LG GSA-5120D External USB DVD Burner and error messages

I tried to use LG GSA-5120D External USB DVD Burner that I borrowed from my friend,I hooked to the Desktop Win2003 SP2, I have 3 different images on the HDs (not only one, if it is one image we might be think the problem with that image itself ) and I have used two different softwares for burning these images, Nero7 and MagicISO.

The process of burning was ok, but when it came to play thes DVDs I received this message :
Windows cannot read from this disk.The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows.

and with other DVD, I received this error :
F:\ is not accessible,,,,,letter F for the DVD
The files or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I did a test , I brought a DVD that is already burned and play with GSA-5120D, it worked.

The DVD barnd that I am using is : Imation

There are a number of burn formats that can only be read on the burner on which they were created, or by the burner software that originally created them. It is merely a matter of settings.
Take a look by trying various combinations, or read through the burner and burner software manual.
Also, check the Nero website for updates which are available if you have the correct product ID key... and check the burner website for firmware updates. Nearly all burner companies have to issue one or more firmware updates in the first year of issue.

What I did :

1- Update firmware from A102 to A104,,,,same problem

2- Used another media LG,,,same problem

3- To verify that images not corrupted , I used another burning program which is UtlraISO and mounted the image and it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back